
No, it's not flour, it's cornstarch. It keeps the fondant from sticking to counter but brushes off easily from the fondant.
So the story is that my dear friend Kendra called me and asked if I could do a wedding cake for her sister. I have feared this call from anyone because I just am not experienced enough to do it, but her sister was looking to save some money and I felt like if Kendra was asking me to do it she felt I did an ok enough job or she wouldn't have asked (Thanks Kendra!!)
My cake making experience has been a love/ hate relationship. I love doing it at first, then part way through I have to improvise or something isn't as easy as I had hoped and I hate it. At this point I usually call Steve and tell him to never let me make a cake again. Then I take a couple of breaths, fix whatever is wrong, roll out the fondant and decorate. Then I love it again.
This is what my counter looks likes when I am rolling out the fondant. Emma wanted me to show how messy it gets.
Once the cakes are covered they are so pretty, and I impressed with myself that I actually did it. The bride just wanted a three tier cake, plain white fondant and then they put their own ribbon around it. So here are the tiers...
And here is the cake all put together. My camera is the pits so sorry it's not a better picture.
3 comments:
Wow, on my next wedding I am coming to you. It looks great.
you are PRO!!! you should do more cakes..... you could start a business!!
Very impressive! One day I'll try it. :)
Post a Comment