CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What's the point...

... of having a blog if I don't use it for helping someone else. I love sharing pictures of my kids and letting family and friends know what we are up to, but it's things like what I am going to share with you that makes me grateful for those moments I get with my kids and happy times I have with them.

A couple days before Christmas we got news that one of the sweetest families we know had found out their 4 year daughter had just been diagnosed with stage 4 kidney cancer. They were on a flight up to Primary Childrens that night. This family is adored and loved in this community and it is very apparent by the way so many have pulled together to help them out. Last weekend some friends of theirs put together a fundraiser garage/bake sale. So many items were donated that it took up 5 yards and driveways to display all the items. It was difficult to even find a place to park to get to the garage sale. I still get emotional when I think of how much people have helped out.

They are a regular family just like you and me, except they are not like anyone I have ever met. The Schmitts are an exceptional family who touch your heart from the moment you meet them and I am not just saying that because they are going through this trial. It's people like them that I think they are such a good family why would something like this happen to them. (As if only bad people have bad things happen to them.) Though you may not know them check out their blog
jessicasmiracle.blogspot.com. You will be touched by the sweet pictures of Jessica and her family and the strength they have. Also, my friend Deborah Ouzts of funny face photography, who has done our incredible family pictures ever since we moved to St. George, is doing a fundraiser with some cute art that she is selling. Check out both of these. I can only do so much to them out myself, but I figured one thing I can do is spread the word to whoever I know and maybe there is someone else who has a few extra nickels to spare.

No comments: