CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 23, 2011

projects

I love reading blogs to get ideas for fun projects or decorating ideas. I was inspired by so many of what these ladies do and I decided to attempt something. I found an old, big, jersey t-shirt and cute off the sleeves and trimmed the top to make a cute summery skirt for Emma. I shirred around the top to give it the puckered look and also to make it stretchy to fit her. I think it turned out pretty cute. Not bad for a first attempt!





I bought this bad boy at the DI a while back and had a perfect idea for it. It's an old paper towel holder without the paper towel holder part.



I cut a dowel to fit in the hole and had to drill out one side of the edge to be able to slide it in and out.


Next, came the paint job. I decided to go bold and find a great color. Then I hooked all my ribbon spools on and WALAH! I no longer have to sort through my box of ribbons to find what I need. Organization is great!




2 comments:

Angela said...

what a great idea!! I so wished we lived closer so we could some fun projects together.. you are so darn creative!! I loved the bday cake...soo super cute and HAPPY Anniversary...so glad you got to go on a fun cruise!! How nice for you both! you gyus need to come to cali and visit us..we would love to have you stay with us.xoox

Jill said...

Anj, You are so sweet. We might have to look at coming and visiting next year or something. Do you have a blog?