CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Come to Jesus

Tonight we had a musical fireside for the whole ward and I was so touched by the beauty of the music. I love music! I love the way it makes me feel. I love the spirit it revives in me. Sometimes I get swept up in the day to day redundance and I forget this part of me that is passionate and wants to sing and dance through life. Music reminds me of the person I am other than a mother and wife and sometimes it enhances me as a mother and wife. This song was sang by our Bishop and I love how it embraces all the facets of emotion and our relationship with our Saviour. Although sometimes I may cry to Jesus or fall on Jesus, I also want to dance for Jesus and share my joy with Him. Watch the video and listen to the words. I pasted the lyrics below the video. The song is "Come to Jesus" by Kenneth Cope.

Weak and wounded sinner Lost and left to die O, raise your head, for love is passing by Come to Jesus, Come to Jesus, Come to Jesus and live!

Now your burden's lifted And carried far away And precious blood has washed away the stain, so Sing to Jesus, Sing to Jesus, Sing to Jesus and live!

And like a newborn baby Don't be afraid to crawl And remember when you walk Sometimes we fall... so Fall on Jesus, Fall on Jesus, Fall on Jesus and live!

Sometimes the way is lonely And steep and filled with pain So if your sky is dark and pours the rain, then Cry to Jesus, Cry to Jesus, Cry to Jesus and live!

O, and when the love spills over And music fills the night And when you can't contain your joy inside, then Dance for Jesus, Dance for Jesus, Dance for Jesus and live!

And with your final heartbeat Kiss the world goodbye Then go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side, and Fly to Jesus Fly to Jesus Fly to Jesus and live!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Love this song! I first heard it at Time Out for Women in TX and LOVED it. THanks for reminding me. :)

Avon said...

It is amazing how much music can touch the soul. For good or bad. I am sometimes so touched I can help but cry and can't sing.

I to love music!

Good to hear from you again!

Bundy Family said...

This was an amazing song. I couldn't help look at my own daughters and the lyrics were the hopes and dreams of ny heart for them. Thanks for letting them sit by you.

Brad and Hayley Bingham said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love this song too, but I didn't know Kenneth Cope did a version. I'd only heard the Chris Rice version on the radio.