CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fablehaven, my new love

Thanks to my friend Kristy I am now hooked on the book series "Fablehaven." It's a fantasy series that has helped to fill my void from Harry Potter coming to an end. I read the first three books this last Summer/Fall and was hooked, then I found out book #4 wouldn't be out until Spring 2009. Well, guess what? It's 2009 and the official release date is March 24!!!!!! I can hardly wait. I feel like it's Harry Potter fever all over again for me!!! I have to reread the first three books again so everything is fresh when I get the fourth. And the good news is that it comes out right before our baby is due, so hopefully that will give me a chance to read it either in the last few days before baby comes or when I have down time from after baby is born. If anyone is looking for some fun books to read I highly recommend this series! Then if you read it we can talk about it so everyone read it and then give me your opinions.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

let me know when you're done with the first 3 again, and i'll come borrow them.

Shelley said...

I haven't even heard of them! I am soo ready for a good read I think I'll have to get my hands on one.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to look into them for sure. I have a hard time getting hooked on books.
What are you having?? Boy, girl???

The Petrini Post said...

Actually, my friend Kendra is the gal that inspired the author (her friend) to name the girl after her. I read the first book because of that and thought it was entertaining, but not enough for me to go out and buy the second book. I would give it 3 stars...fun, but no Harry Potter!

Mary Jane said...

It's been on my list to read these books, and now I will. I didn't know they were suppose to be like Harry Potter. Oh, the good old days of Harry Potter. Ya remember the time we were reading book 3 and scared ourselves silly?
I love you Jill, and miss you. You're such a great mom, and I love keeping up to date with you! HUGS

Anonymous said...

I love Fablehaven! Austin brought them home from school and I read them before he took them back. The stories were so fun to read.